After spending a lovely afternoon with my boys and my mum, I thought today would end on a high. But after coming home, I thought I'd quickly check my emails and what I was greeted by, was something very annoying. I have recieved 3 emails from different folk, one telling me in a foul tone that 'my obese, fugly arse, should be locked away from the public', the other 2 asking my why I feel the need to expose myself and that I'm not pretty enough to parade my bare self around, the way I do.
Now, I really don't care for keyboard jockeys but I felt I needed to stand up.
I may not be 'Britains next top model' or the people's idea of an ideal woman but I do not set out to be either of those stereotypes. I am me, yes there are somethings I wish I can change and I will be doing so, over time but for how I am now, I am happy and I personally feel that if more people, like myself stood up and bared all, then society may start accepting us as the 'norm'. I want other women like me to know they should never feel pressure, that bullies are, infact, the insecure ones, not us!
So to those 3 who emailed me, tough sh*t, I ain't going anywhere! I am a size 22, I am 5ft10 and I am bloody proud of my self ;)
On a nicer note, I'd like to say a big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to one and all x
well said,and well done for standing up for women of all shapes and sizes.
ReplyDeletexGGx
thankyou, i kinda feel liberated lol
DeleteYou are exciting, sensual, and absolutely beautiful. As far as we are concerned there is no single standard of beauty; the beauty spectrum is a wide and all-encompassing one. If the individuals who said these things feel differently, they would do well to look elsewhere, but I suspect that what happened was one or more of them came across your blog, got aroused, and then felt ashamed of it. Otherwise, why take the time to leave a comment? Why not just close the window and move on? These people are revealing much more about themselves through their comments than intended.
ReplyDeletePlease don't let the idiots get you down. We will continue to follow your blog for as long as it exists. You are a valued part not only of this community, but of humanity in general.
JJ, your words touch me, thank you :)
Deletei'm liking you alot, right now lol
ReplyDelete